Saturday, August 13, 2016

Last of the Eyes of Tamara Yemini Henna & New Filling Machine



Powder Filling Machine


The liquid filling machine made such a difference that I invested in a powder filling machine, too!  It weighs powder out of the hopper and then beeps. I hold the bag up to the chute and it dispenses the henna into the baggie.


There was a bit of a learning curve. I speak and read exactly 0 Chinese. But still, once everything was figured out it proved MUCH more efficient than the old "scoop, weigh, scoop, weigh, scoop, weigh" method I was doing with a spoon and a kitchen scale.



It enabled me to bag and label 5.5 kilos of our Eyes of Tamara Yemini henna in just over an hour and a half, which is twice as fast as the only way!


Eyes of Tamara- Not Much Left

This also lead to a realization that I'm running out of it. As of this post I have 55 100g bags and 43 10g sample packets.  That's it. I'm unable to import more because of the political situation in Yemen, so if you love this henna, you'll want to snap it up now.



1 comment:

  1. WOw, that machine sounds wonderful!! I am amazed the directions only arrived in Chinese? even translations from Chinese are sometimes hard to understand...lol,..i love you bags!!

    ReplyDelete